For help with the Telegram bridge, please visit #help:t2bot.io on Matrix.
Logging in with your Telegram account
By default the bridge uses a "relay bot" for people who are not logged in to the bridge. This can lead to confusion when the Telegram bridge posts lots of messages in your Telegram chats. By using your own Telegram account, the bridge will send messages to chats with your account rather than the relay bot when you talk on matrix. In addition to that, you also get invited to all current and future Telegram chats - it's like using Telegram in Matrix!
- Invite @telegram:t2bot.io to a private chat.
- Send the message
- Click the link and follow the instructions.
- The bridge will now start inviting you to all your Telegram chats.
To log out, say
!tg logout in the room you just created.
Adding the bridge to your room
@matrix_t2botto your Telegram group or channel.
- In Telegram, send the
/idcommand to get a number returned to you by the bridge.
- Invite @telegram:t2bot.io to the room you want to bridge in Matrix. The bot should have permissions to invite users.
- In Matrix, send the message
!tg bridge <the number>. Example:
!tg bridge -23456789
- The bridge will ask you to confirm the bridge. Do this by sending the message
- Your room should now be bridged to Telegram.
To disconnect the bridge later, say
!tg unbridge in Matrix and follow the prompts.