For help with the Discord bridge, please visit #help:t2bot.io on Matrix.
The source code for the bridge is available at t2bot/matrix-appservice-discord on Github, although if you are looking to run your own we recommend using the upstream repository from half-shot/matrix-appservice-discord.
Adding the bridge to your room
- Invite the bridge to your Discord server using this link. The bridge will need all the permissions selected.
- Invite @_discord_bot:t2bot.io to your Matrix room. The bot should have permissions to invite users.
- Open the text channel you'd like to bridge in the Discord web application.
- In the address bar there should be a URL like
https://discordapp.com/channels/ServerID/ChannelID- use that as a reference to say in your Matrix room
!discord bridge ServerID ChannelID
- The bridge will ask for confirmation, and after approved your room should be bridged to Discord.
To disconnect the bridge later, say
!discord unbridge in Matrix and follow the prompts. You may have
to revoke the bot's permissions in Discord manually.